Monday, June 04, 2007

Oh My Goodness

On Steven's 50th birthday in 2003, a lady ran into me in Bryan. I was driving down the street and she was turning left, right in front of Wal-Mart. I was on my way to meet Steven at Stephanie's to take her the car. We had a big day planned the next day for Steven's surprise 50th birthday celebration. The wreck but an end to those plans. Stephanie had to find another way to Houston and we had to go in the car. Me, Steven, Rachael, David and David's friend (anyone else remember his friend? :) in that little bitty car all the way to Houston. It was horrible!

Anyway, when the officer got there, she only had her liscense in her hand and I knew immediately that she had no insurance. Since I was not at fault, we only had to pay half our deductible. The insurnace company assured us they would get the deductible from the lady but we just wrote it off.

Fast forward to today. There's a letter in the mail from State Farm Insurance. It says:
We are pleased to refund the full deductible you incurred as the result of your loss of October 2, 2003. Payment is enclosed.

There was sure enough a check enclosed for the amount of half our deductible. Even better, we changed insurance companies a couple of years ago so State Farm isn't even our insurance company. Almost 4 years later and we get a check from a company that's not even ours any more; I'm impressed!

No comments: