Sunday, April 12, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Steven grew up at the Methodist Children's Home in Waco and has been active in the Alumni Association pretty much since we've been back in Texas. The last 2 years he served as Vice President of the Board of Directors. This year he was elected President. I guess that makes me the First Lady. :) He was asked 2 years ago to be President but declined since I was still in college and he wanted to be available to help me and didn't think he could do justice to both.

I haven't been to Homecoming in several years. When I was in college, I was exhausted from working full time and going to college so I used that weekend as some down time and to catch up on assignments. Last year was my first year of teaching and I couldn't deal with anything I didn't have to deal with. I used to jokingly tell Steven to just let everyone know that he did still have a wife and she did still love him. :)

There were several of Steven's friends that hadn't been there in several years and one that had never been to Homecoming. That was nice.

Stephanie, Greg and Rowdy came down Saturday for the egg hunt and softball game. Rowdy didn't know what to do at the egg hunt but after he figured it out, he was off to the races! He was so funny because he only wanted to pick up the plastic eggs insted of the candy. He also (actually Grandpa) found the golden egg and got the cutest bunny as a prize.

Steven was in hog heaven showing Stephanie and Greg where he grew up. For some reason, Stephanie had never been to the Home so this was her first visit.

It was really different at Sunday dinner this year. As the new president, we got to sit at a reserved table with the Director of the Home, the previous director and the p0revious assistant director as well as their wives. We were served our lunch insted of having to go through the line. I think I could get used to that. :)

We'll be heading back in May for the Senior luncheon and I'm sure there are lots more things we'll have to attend as President and "First Lady" - not a position I'm very comfortable with but will have to deal with and get used to.

No comments: