Sunday, June 01, 2008

Movies

We've subscribed to Netflix for about a year now. For the longest time, we did 1 movie at a time with a limit of 2 movies a month. We don't watch tons of movies but do enjoy one sometimes and $4.99 was really cheap for 2 movies. Since Rachael is home, we're doing 2 at at time, unlimited. She has a queue and we have a queue so she gets movies she likes and so do we.

Last night I was in the office and thinking how we needed a DVD player for the office TV because I wanted to watch a movie and Steven and Rachael were watching softball on the big TV. Suddenly, I had an AHA moment and remembered that Netflix has movies on demand that you can watch on your computer. We have unlimited on demand movies so I proceeded to check it out. It only took about 2 minutes from the time I went to the website until I was watching a movie. The quality was great and you can pause when you want to. I'll probably be doing this more often now. Our computer screen is about the same size as our office TV so I might as well save the cost of a DVD player for the office. :) Not all movies are available but there's still a good selection. This is also an option for when we're traveling and staying in a hotel.

No comments: