Saturday, November 01, 2008

Quilt Show

Last Thursday, I took the day off and went to the Quilt Show in Houston with another teacher. According to some ladies sitting at our table at lunch, this is the biggest convention in Houston every year. I know there were lots of vendors, lots of quilts displayed and lots of people.

We saw some beautiful quilts, some ugly quilts, some bizarre quilts and some weird quilts. I made some discoveries about the types of quilts I like. I have eclectic tastes, according to Mary. :) I've long suspected that I loved scrap quilts and that was confirmed. I also like some appliqued quilts and some that are pieced to look like animals. Log Cabin in one of my favorite patterns. Lots of town/village quilts called my name also.I totally dislike pastel colors, no matter what the design.

There was a booth with my wonderful, fabulous Body Sense heating pads. I thought that if they had a show special, I might pick up one or two. They did have a special.... buy 3 and get 10% off all 3. Needless to say, I came home without any new heating pads.

I only came home with 1 book and no fabric (I did stop at Hancock Fabrics and bought some fat quarters) but I was inspired to start a new quilt. Tonight, I'm going to start my Hawaii quilt. When we went to Hawaii, I bought some Hawaiian print fabric squares. They've been sitting in a bag for 5 years now. I think it's time I made them into a quilt.

No comments: