Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Been Awhile

14 years to be exact.

Tonight, the kindergartners performed at the PTO meeting. It's been 14 years since I've been to a kindergarten program. I forgot how cute and enthusiastic they are. They sang their hearts out.

Except for one.

We thought Bailey was upset because he didn't get to have a part and wear a costume.

We were wrong.

He was scared.

He was scared because there were so many people there. His teacher went back and talked to him and he finally sang some on one of the songs.

He was fine once the program was over and was back sitting with us.

Being in the Elementary cafeteria brought back lots of memories for me. I started working in the school when Rachael was in 1st grade. I was the cafeteria clerk. Now I'm a real live teacher. Some days it's still difficult for me to believe I've traveled that road.

No comments: