Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sanctity of Life Sunday

Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday. This is always a difficult Sunday for me but more so this year. I cried all through church, all the way home from church and then cried until I fell asleep this afternoon. Since I'm not a crier, this was some serious emotional stuff for me. My eyes still hurt and my heart is so heavy that I feel like it's about to burst through my chest.

My heart has always been broken for those precious grandbabies I'll never hold but now that I know there are more than two, I sometimes feel like I just can't stand it.

When I got up from my nap, Jenny and Emily were here. It was almost too painful for me to hold her. My heart is so heavy. Have I said that already? Well, it is.

I'm so very thankful that all those years ago, I chose life for my babies and chose to keep them and raise them. I know I wasn't always the best mother and made a multitude of mistakes but my children are my life and there's no way I can begin to imagine my life without them.

No comments: