Friday, May 08, 2009

It Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time

Earlier this semester, the superintendent's secretary sent out an email about Astros tickets for teacher appreciation week.

It sounded like a good idea. I'd never been to a professional sports game and I knew Steven would love to go so I ordered 2 tickets.

The game was tonight.

I'm at home and Steven is at the game.

It's been a long, tough week and I decided on Wednesday that if I had to drive to Conroe to meet Steven, ride to Houston, sit at a baseball game that started at 7:05, ride back to Conroe, drive home at who knows what hour and then get up at 9:00 for Bailey's soccer game, I'd commit hari kari.

Since I lots of living left to do, I chose not to go. I told Steven to find someone to go with him or give the tickets away, I didn't care.

He asked Chris but he wasn't going to be in town so he invited his nephew Jimmy.

Tuesday is Jimmy's birthday so that was perfect timing.

Jimmy is having a tough time right now with 2 young daughters and a wife that suffers from agoraphobia so I hope this gave him a few hours away from his troubles.

Like I said, it sounded like a good idea at the time...

No comments: