Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm Way Behind

so I'll try to catch up...

My Graduation:

What can I say? Graduation was absolutely perfiect!
  • All the kids were here, Mother, Robert, Susan and all his kids (and Angel too) and Layne and his entire family were there. The only thing I wanted for graduation was for all the kids to be there and they were.
  • I was sitting on the end of a row and the family was on the side I was sitting on, could we have planned that any better?
  • We went to eat and the kids surprised me with cake and a gift certificate to have my diploma framed. I was overwhelmed that the kids would all chip in and do that. I know they really can't afford to do that so I'm very appreciative. (I still haven't gotten all my thank you's written, I need to get on that).
  • I was one of only 6 people that graduated summa cum laude, I thought there would be more. My transcript says that I was 37th in a class of 1089.

There actually were a couple of things wrong with graduation but they were just blips and didn't amount to much. I didn't know to bring bobby pins so I had to keep adjusting my cap and that was annoying. The speaker stunk, to say the least. I did not spend 6 years in college to be lectured about obesity.

The third grade teachers gave me a teacher shower and I got tons of gift certificates to the teacher supply store in Bryan, $286 worth. I can't wait until I know for sure what I'll be teaching so I can go shopping!

End of School:

The last 2 years, I haven't been at work the last two weeks because I was taking a minimester class so I forgot how crazy those last 2 weeks are. It was time for school to be out!

Michele, our secretary, got pneumonia and was out an entire week two weeks before school was out. Not a problem except that end of the year certificates weren't done. Guess who was chosen to do that chore? If you guessed me, you'd be right. I'm sure you don't want to hear the gory details. Suffice it to say that I did about 1000 certificates and only had to redo about 12 before the ceremony and there were only 3 problems at the ceromony and 1 was not my fault. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Rachael's Graduation:

Rachael's graduation was wonderful. Renita Schroeder was the speaker and even though she talked 90 miles an hour, she was absolutely awesome! I have been to 7 high school graduations and 2 college graduations in the past 10 years and she was by far the best speaker. She spoke the truth, in love, to those kids and every one of them needed to hear what she had to say. I need to see if she will let me have a copy of the speech, it was that awesome.

After graduation, Frances had reserved the Family Life Center and we had a party for Miranda and Rachael. Frances said something to me last Sunday about doing a party for Miranda and she wanted to include Rachael. That was very kind of her and I appreciated it. She bought all the stuff, Steven and I did most of the set up and clean up and I'll write her a check for my part of everything. Rachael and her friends went to the midnight showing of Pirates of the Carribean III and had a good time.

I'm really glad graduations are all over!

Rachael started her job at Shell today. It's a good thing. She was going to be working for Mom if she hadn't. Mom's job is for children that won't get a real job. It consists of working mostly outside from 8-5 with a 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. The best part is that I don't pay anything! David got to work for Mom one summer. It didn't last but 2-3 days before he decided a real job would be easier. :)

I'm sure there's more I wanted to write about and if I remember, I'll write it later. I'm going to do my best to keep up now...

No comments: