Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Shop Till You Drop

There are big changes in our family that are requiring lots of shopping. I have to get my classroom ready, upgrade my wardrobe some and get Rachael ready for the dorm so there's been lots of shopping going on. I worked Summer School so we would have money to do all this shopping without all the money anxiety.

Hopefully I'm about done with my classroom shopping. I'm going to Houston Thursday with a group of teachers and will pick up some things there and may have to order some racing stuff (our theme this year is Racing For Success) online but other than that I should be finished. I still need to do a little bit of clothes shopping but if I don't get that done, I'll be OK.

Rachael and I shopped for her yesterday and got everything she needs except for a few things she needs to talk to her roommate about so we don't have duplicates. Rachael's favorite purchase was her *cool* tool kit. She was excited that she got to open it and use it before we even got home to put the lock on her bike so we could keep shopping.

The living room is a disaster. Her stuff is on the loveseat because her room is a disaster from SonPower and mission trip. My stuff is on the couch because I can't get into my classroom until after Thursday. There are also tubs of books everywhere that need to go to my classroom. I'll be really glad to get all this school stuff out of the house!

No comments: