Thursday, July 05, 2007

Austin

Have I mentioned recently that I love Austin? If not, well, I do! There are so many things to do there that don't cost a penny (details in the 4th of July entry).

Austin is absolutely beautiful. The hills, the trees, the rivers, Zilker Park, the Botanical Gardens, the Pfluger Bridge, the houses (the old ones, not the new ones). Ginger's is there and there are awesome thrift stores and a great Goodwill.

The one thing I don't like is the panhandlers that seem to be on almost every street corner. One last night had a sign that said "Why lie? I need a beer". I guess he gets points for honesty but he sure didn't get any of my money.

I wish we could afford to live in Austin but right now we just can't. I also don't think I'm real crazy about teaching in Austin for the same reasons I didn't want my kids to go to school there: crime, drugs and gangs. I know we have those things here but not as bad as there.

No comments: