Friday, September 19, 2008

That Was Fun

The Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief of Oklahoma has been here this week cooking meals and the local churches are serving them. I just found out about it last night.

Today I helped serve 500 something meals at lunch and again tonight I helped serve almost 900 meals.

I was working with the local Catholic church and had the best time. I know most of the people I was working with so I didn't feel awkward at all.

I have a teeny bit of sunburn because I forgot sunscreen at lunch but it's not bad.

I'll help tomorrow at lunch if needed and at supper for sure.

There's plenty to do at home but this helps me feel like I'm doing something to help people that are struggling.

Father Mike asked me if I ever slow down. I told him no, that it was in my genes to stay busy. He told me I needed to cut off my jeans. He's such a comedian. He said I was like the Energizer Bunny. Vaughn told him that I was awesome. That will sure swell your head up. :)

No comments: