Sunday, October 05, 2008

Soccer

Bailey had his first soccer game yesterday. Jenny is coaching. Yes, 6 month pregnant Jenny is coaching soccer.

It was so much fun to watch. Since it was their first game and they'd only had one practice, they really didn't have a clue what to do. There was at least one little girl that really didn't want to play and most of them had no idea which goal they were supposed to kick at the whole first half. The second half was better in that respect except for one little boy that still didn't have a clue, he was just having a good time kicking the ball!

I tried to remain impartial but I'm pretty sure Bailey was by far the best player. Really, I'm sure he was the best player.

One of the players is the son on the custodian that takes care of my classroom and one little girl is the cousin of one of the girls on my UIL team. I love living in a small town!

Mom just called and asked if I enjoyed watching soccer as much as she did when Chris was in kindergarten, lived with her and played soccer. Of course the answer was a resounding yes!

Grandchildren are such a joy...

1 comment:

The Coach said...

I have been coaching and teaching young players how to play soccer for over 8 years, and it is the most rewarding thing to see the kids develop botha s players and as people. Stick at it Jenny