Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Getting to Know Me - Christmas Version

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He always just sat them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Sometime in December. They're still not up yet this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My dressing with cranberry sauce.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
The year Santa came and delivered our gifts in person.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember but since I was the oldest, I knew long before my brothers.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When the kids were all at home we did.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It's always been ornaments the kids made as well as a few I stitched and things I've been given or from exchanges. The kids always put their own ornaments on the tree each year. It just wasn't the same as they all began leaving home. This year I bought red, silver and blue balls for a patriotic tree but I'm really sad that we're leaving the other ornaments behind us. I'll keep the ornaments though because I love them and they hold so many memories for me.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it! If I lived where it snowed, I'd probably hate it after awhile though.

12. Can you ice skate?
Never have.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I loved the orange suitcases I got one year. My favorite though is the year I got my ring. I'm really sad that I've gained so much weight that I can't wear it.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
That's difficult. Probably Praline Cheesecake.

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching "It's a Wonderful Life".

16. What tops your tree?
Nothing right now. :) It's been an angel for awhile but I'm going to get a star this year.

17. Which do you prefer, giving or Receiving?
Giving. I really wish I was better at knowing what people want or like so my giving was more appropriate. Somehow, I seem to be missing that attribute.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Amy Grant's version of "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing".

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
They're OK.

No comments: