Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lesson Learned

This morning was the first morning with Steven gone. It stinks already.

The dogs are used to Steven getting up at 4 and letting them out. I got up at 5 to go to the bathroom and Mollie was dancing a jig. I didn't let her out because I wanted to go back to sleep for another hour and didn't want to wait for her. BIG mistake.

When I got back up at 6, I rounded the corner into the hallway and smelled pee. Mollie had peed right in front of the guest room. I grumbled a bit and cleaned it up (something Steven would have done if he was here). I showered and surfed a bit. I wnet through the dining room without turning on the light and stepped in some poop. All I have to say is that I'm really, really glad we spend the extra money for decent dog food so that poop isn't really soft and in large piles.

I don't know if she was just mad at me or if she really had to go that bad but I sure learned my lesson. If Mollie is dancing, I'd better let her out!

I have to remember tonight to tell Rachael to be sure and let the dogs out before she goes to bed and hopefully that will take care of that problem.

NOT a good way to start our new living arrangements. Have I ever mentioned that I didn't get married to sleep alone and take care of everything by myself? I know I'll get used to it and it's not even remotely the same situation it was 10 years ago but I'm really not liking it right about now...

No comments: