Saturday, March 14, 2009

Judging Food

Today was my first experience with the County Fair. None of the kids were ever interested in the fair so I've never even been to the fair.

Today, Steven and I judged the food portion. We both judged different age groups so our opinions wouldn't influence each other.

It was a great experience and I can't wait till next year to do it again.

I tasted some really good food and some not so good food but kudos to all the kids who entered and really big kudos to those that made their own food instead of mom making it.

There were a couple of things I'd love to have the recipe for, I'm thinking I'll find out who baked them and see about getting the recipe. One was a delicious pound cake. I've been looking for an awesome pound cake recipe for years and haven't found one. This one won Grand Champion in its age group and was really, really good.

The only drawback is that it's all sweets so my tummy was upset for a couple of hours after we finished.

No comments: