Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring in Texas

Spring makes me happy - all ~ 2weeks of it.

Actually, it's a two-edged sword. I love spring but I hate it too. I hate it because it means that heat and humidity is on the way. I do try to enjoy the really short spring we have before the heat settles in for good.

I took a road trip to Elaine's this weekend to get the reunion invitations taken care of.

I had worried that there wouldn't be many bluebonnets since the winter was so dry but I guess the rain came at just the right time because the wildflowers were amazing.

There were tons of bluebonnets, indian paint brushes, wine cups, buttercups, bitterweed and probably others I don't remember. I'm pretty sure I even saw some yellow indian paint brushes - haven't ever seen those before.

Elaine had lots of bluebonnets in her yard including some maroon and pink ones sprinkled in amongst the blue ones.

The multitude of greens in all the trees was beautiful! I love spring when there are so many shades of green instead of the same tired green that they change to when the heat hits.

Some trees didn't have their leaves yet and those looked really strange amongst the other trees.

Did I mention that I love spring?

No comments: