Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mmmm, Mmmm Good!

I've been using my crockpot a lot this summer, inspired by A Year Of Crockpotting.
Last night we had Peppercorn Steak and it was delicious! Probably the best thing I've ever cooked in the crockpot. We don't care for mushrooms so I left them out and I only used a little more than 1/4 cup of the W sauce (not even going to try to spell it!)

I've also fixed these:
Tamale Pie
Salsa Chicken

There are lots more things there I want to try, especially some of the soups.

I've also fixed some of my tried and true crockpot recipes and have made the salsa chicken either 2 or 3 times. Once I added some cream cheese but didn't like that as much.

The real delicioso thing I've made this summer though, has nothing to do with the crockpot.

Back in May, we had a First Place celebration/orientation and someone brought the best, light key lime pie. She said the recipe was on the back of the label of the reduced fat graham cracker crust.

I promptly went out and bought a reduced fat graham cracker crust to get that recipe. The best $2.00 I've spent on a recipe in a long time.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the recipe calls for yogurt.

I detest yogurt. Let me rephrase. I detest the thought of yogurt. I've never eaten yogurt because it smells horrible and I have a mental block about putting it in my mouth.

I am so shocked that this delicious pie uses 2 containers of yogurt and I love, love, love it!

I want to try some different flavors but then again, I don't want to leave my key lime...

What prompted this, you ask?

I made the pie yesterday. We each had a piece after we ate. We both had another piece before we went to bed.

After lunch, we had another piece. Since there were only 2 pieces left, we went ahead and ate them.

Less than 24 hours after I made the pie, it's gone.

Did I mention that it's delicious?

No comments: