Friday, November 17, 2006

FCA

Rachael told me last week that she had been nominated for an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) award. I assumed that lots of students had been nominated, we'd go to the banquet and they'd announce a winner and she probably didn't have much chance of actually winning the award.

So, we get to the banquet last night and look at the program. There are 14 schools in our FCA chapter and it looked like each school could nominate one male and one female athlete even though not every school had nominated 2 students. Come to find out, all the students were receiving an Excellence in Character Award.

I'm so proud of her! She was very nonchalant about the whole thing but I happen to think it's a big deal.

I'm not sure what I did to be blessed with such wonderful children, all 5 of them have made me so very proud to be their mother.

No comments: